Tuesday, March 6, 2012

the GRIND.


"Looking cute ain't easy, and it don't taste good either."

Yep, sounds about right...

well, here I am...right in the thick of my training. Some days are good--I'm energized, excited and feel like I can take on the world...others, not so much. This past week has been a challenge, to say the least. As much as seeing my progress week after week uplifts me, there are times when I can't seem to shake  the exhaustion, the cravings, and I just feel overwhelmed.


Contest Prep is NOT for the faint of heart. It takes hard work, dedication and A LOT of sacrifice...You trade hours of sleep for hours of training and cardio. You trade the freedom to eat anything your heart desires for weighing out ounces of protein and veggies, caramel macchiatos for protein shakes, bacon cheeseburgers for oatmeal and egg whites...and all that restriction can start to tear away at you after a while....BUT I constantly have to remind myself--I'm also trading in the body I have for the body I've always wanted.

Yesterday, Coach told me he wants to get me straight to competition shape, then we'll have leeway later on...So in a nutshell, no cheat meals, no wiggle room for the next 62 days (or longer)...sigh. Yeah, I know I can do it. I know it's worth it. I know that at the end of it all I'll be happy with the results and I'll know deep down that I got there the right way. I know that if I were to trip up along the way and my progress slows, I'll only have myself to blame...and that simple thought is enough to keep me honest.

I know there'll be ups and downs along the way, just like there have been over my first month of training, but I know I can do it. In my moments of weakness, I tend to look to my fellow Angels and other IFBB Pros. These girls are my FITspiration and they remind me why I started on this journey in the first place...they did it and so can I!! :)


Tiffany Boydston
Sonia Gonzales
Amanda Latona
Jamie Baird 
Nathalia Melo

No comments:

Post a Comment