Tuesday, February 28, 2012

"progress"

Ok ok ok...so I'll admit it. I'm IMPATIENT. I know, I know...I'm only technically 2 weeks into my program, but I want results, damnit! I want my BIKINI BODY now!!!

Sigh...I have been following my Nutrition and Training program to a T...dutifully chomping on my flax seeds and sipping on my protein shakes while staring at all the morsels of chewy, sugary, cheesy, breaded, fried goodness longingly. I've been doing my walking lunges like a good little girl, practically living on that damn Stairmaster!! Not one cheat meal, not one missed day of training. My progress pics after the first full week of training were a bit discouraging, to say the least. As much as I scrutinized each little pixel of that photo, I could barely pick out any changes...I looked the SAME. And of course, D lost 10 freakin' pounds!! Ughhhhhhhhhhh!! Talk about frustration!

Now, I know real change "doesn't happen overnight," it's a "marathon, not a sprint," blah blah blah blah....but come ON...there has to be some kind of payback for the hours I spent prepping food and sweating out that cardio, right? I mean, I feel different. I feel tighter, more toned...I felt it but I couldn't see it.


So I gave it another week. I kept truckin' on through the workouts, the same meals day in and day out...my next meeting with Coach Oddo is still 2 weeks out, so I figured I could push myself and hopefully my hard work would show...whelp, last night, exactly 1 week after my first set of "progress" pics, I decided to bust out the good ol' digital camera and ask D to take a few pics. These were just for me, no official submission to Kimbo...just to see if there was any little glimmer of hope, some miniscule change to be noticed...

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!! yes, I did a dance, jumped up and down, squealed like a 6 year old little girl on her birthday...PROGRESS!!! FINALLY!!! A little lift here, a little tighter there, smoother lines all over...YES!! ...aaand...I have a whole 'nother week to get my ish together and push even harder before my check-in with Coach Oddo!!! Now, that's the motivation I needed to help me re-focus and re-energize for the long haul, the 24-WEEK long haul. I know it's not going to get easier, but I'm just going to have to get better and train harder.

The moral of the story: change takes time. It's really easy to get down on yourself when you're not noticing any dramatic transformation after a few weeks of sacrifice, but I had to remember to trust the process. I hired the BEST coach in the biz to get me there, and I really have to put 100% faith in him and his expertise. He's brought countless girls into the spotlight and whipped them into shape--I'm not going to be any different! I just have to put in the work...my bikini body is already starting to take shape...I'm well on my way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment