Thursday, April 5, 2012

the LONG haul...

SIXTY-FIVE days....

When I stare at that number it seriously makes my head hurt. Somehow my laboring mind can't seem to wrap itself around how I'm going to survive another 65 days and retain any sense of sanity.

Today is a tired day. Yesterday was a tired day...and tomorrow will most likely be a tired day.

Coach stepped me up to two-a-day cardio, aerobic lifting, and added another leg circuit into my split...add all of that on to working full time, constantly doing Costco runs and grilling, baking, cooking, weighing food and trying to have some shadow of a "life" outside of contest prep and work--let's just say this girl is a little SPENT...

I know there are probably women out there who do the same thing with a lot more on their plate, so I can't really complain about my situation. I had heard time and time again that Contest Prep is one of the most all-consuming things one can put themselves through, and that is absolutely true! The best I can do at this point is take a deep breath, suck it up, and push through those sprints like there's no tomorrow, because really--there isn't. As overwhelming as 65 days sounds, it'll breeze by and before I know it, I'll be getting ready to set my clear heel onto the stage for the first time. I don't want to be standing up there knowing that I let the "process" get the best of me and failed to prepare the way I could have...

So I'll just press on, eyes on the prize--50 days down, only 65 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment