Monday, April 23, 2012

GO ME!

It's been a ROUGH road so far, not gonna lie...and I KNOW without a doubt, there are many more struggles ahead of me, but let me tell you--I'm DAMN PROUD of myself. I know there are things we're not supposed to say out loud because of course it makes us seem self-absorbed, conceited, over-confident, etc....but there is something to be said about taking a step back after a long, hard workout and thinking F*** yeah, I destroyed that! There shouldn't be anything wrong with being happy with yourself for making good choices, proud of yourself for pushing through tough training sessions--that should be encouraged--celebrated!

All too often I'm self-depricating, self-loathing, altogether negative in my critique of my own physique and progress (or lack thereof), but the second I remember that once upon a time (not too long ago) I was an unhealthy 5'2", 165 lbs. and squeezing myself into size 11 jeans...I stop all that nonsense and can't help but APPLAUD myself for coming as far as I have already...an almost FIFTY pound weight loss is something I should be proud of! It's a damn shame that it has somewhere along the line become "unacceptable" for us (especially as women) to be proud of ourselves and celebrate our personal achievements.

On the flip side of all of this, truth be told, this weekend has been a rough one for me mentally. I feel time slipping out of my hands all too quickly as I stare down the calendar and realize that 7 weeks isn't nearly as long as it seems. I honestly feel like I'm under the wire and behind schedule...and it SUCKS! I'm still about 10 lbs. away from my goal stage weight and it's KILLING me having the scale stuck at the same damn place for weeks. So I knew I had to tighten things up in order to "trim the fat"...Coach flipped the switch and has me strictly doing RUNNING with HIIT sprints for my cardio from now on...and after 3 days of it, man oh man, it's kicking my bootay (and I mean that in the BEST way possible)...I'm trying my best to keep my head in the game and really just take it one workout at a time--otherwise, I'd just be completely overwhelmed/defeated by my lack of "progress" in the body weight department...

Reminder to self--there are ALWAYS going to be ups and downs, but if I take a second to look back and see how far I've come, where I'm going doesn't seem too far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment